Thursday, October 11, 2012

Baby Bunnies part II

Hi everyone, wanted to share with you the latest pics of the twins as I call them.  They really aren't twins, but they look so much alike it's just hard to tell them apart.  We officially named them Five Pines Ebelskiver and Five Pines Nugget.  Ebelskiver is a buck and Nugget is a doe.  The jury is still out on whether we are going to keep them or not.  I like their bodies, but the ears are way too long.  Also they have narrow faces.  I will give them a chance, I think the doe is better than her mother, so this is a plus.  Here is the buck, love his ear placement and top line, face could be chunkier.





Here is the doe, love how the crown is currently, but time will tell.
 
 
 She wasn't cooperating much when I took this picture. 
 
 
I am really amazed at how fast they grow.  Saturday they will be 10 weeks old.

We bred one of our newer does, Tinsel, back in Sept.  She had her babies last Saturday.  Unfortunately, they were all DOA.  A lot of times, 1st time Holland lops loose their first litter.  I am going to give her a little more time to recover and then breed her back.

We also purchased two more rabbits in the last couple of weeks.  A 8 week old Tort Doe, and a 5 month old buck, he is blue and white broken.  Both have great, wide bodies, wider then the rabbits we currently have.  We got the buck at the rabbit show we attended last weekend.  As soon as I get a minute, I will post pics.

Until next time, Beth.

No comments:

Post a Comment